8.23.2011

Newsprint Nails How-To


So I am completely addicted to pinterest.com and several of my friends also have an addiction to it. Recently. my friend Ruby found a pin called newsprint nails and they showed how to get newsprint words onto your fingernails for a uniquely cool look. This is a picture of my nails that I did a few days ago. Its very simple and goes something like this:

1. Paint your nails a solid neutral color. You can really paint them any color you want. I chose a light pink color since I can't wear crazy colors to work.

2. Cut out squares of newsprint from the newspaper. The size just have to be bigger than your fingernails. I       cut 4 inch squares so I could use each piece several times.

3. Dip your nail in Rubbing Alcohol or Vodka. The first time it was done to my nails was with rubbing alcohol. This time I used Vodka and it seemed to be more effective and the newsprint turned out darker.

4. Once you dip your nail in the rubbing alcohol/vodka, press the newsprint onto your finger nail firmly and hold there for a second (like you do with temporary tattoos).

5. Remove the paper from your nail. Be careful not to smudge because the print will come right off from rubbing.

6. Once you have newsprinted all of your nails, paint over each nail with clear polish to keep the words from rubbing off.

7. Ta-da--You have awesome newsprint nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment