8.30.2011

DIY Earring Holder


Need a new way to arrange your earrings so you can see all of them? I hated how half my earrings were in my jewelry box and I didn't have them all on visual display. This is the solution I came up with. I had a smaller version but my collection has grown too large. Want to know how to make your own? Follow these easy instructions:

What you will need:
  • Picture frame
  • Window Screening
  • Scissors/razor blade
  • Staple gun or glue gun
  • Wall hook
Now to make the earring holder:
  1. Purchase a frame you like. Any will do. I got mine at a second-hand store and spray painted it white to match the furniture in my room.
  2. Cut window screening (I bought mine from Wal-mart) to fit the backside of your frame.
  3. Use the staple gun to staple the screening to the frame. Make sure to pull the screen taught so that there is no snagging. (If you do not have a staple gun, you can use a hot glue gun instead to glue the screen down onto the back of the frame.
  4. Once the screen is all stapled or glued, cut any excess screen from around the edges.
  5. You can hang the frame however you wish. I stapled a string onto the back of my frame and hung it with Command Mounting Hooks onto my wall.
  6. Voila, you have a wonderful new earring holder.
Let me know if you have any questions!

6 comments:

  1. This idea is still brilliant. I love it so much I might have to make a second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make one for yourself already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As your description says, I did find a reason to visit again :) I really like how roomy this earring holder is!
    I also made my own: http://whatscraftdoc.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/diy-earrings-holder.html
    :)

    ReplyDelete